Musings...

It has been a while since I've posted any personal updates about my life and what's been happening around here lately, hasn't it? In fact, I haven't posted anything really at all besides a few Cup-A-Tea Poetry posts and quotes from other things! Sorry about that, dear friends. Truth be told, life has been... okay, let's not say it*; since I've said that so many times. Life has been an adventure, a bit rough and chaotic at times and (I cannot escape the word I am sorry) BUSY*! Yet also filled with many joys and blessings of the Lord... 

I have been....
Busy with schoolwork...
I've definitely become more busy as we near the end of the school year with schoolwork. For instance, I'm doing lots of Maths lately. Basically, with lots of help from family, I've now stopped hating Mathematics (most times), and now just tolerate it. Who knows maybe one day I'll come to love it, but I do have my serious doubts about that!!! History has been fascinating to study and I am loving and having no real trouble with any of my other subjects which I am immensely grateful for!

Busy with music...
Hmm. Well, the mood that accompanies this word for me has been of late. P.L.O.W.I.N.GYes, plowing through scales, octaves, thirds sixths, that feel like an impassible mountain. And those queer bowing styles that I've been learning lately... grrr!!! Okay, it hasn't been that bad. Really. Just something that needs a little perseverance and patience. I'm actually really, really enjoying Humerisque by Josef Dvorak. Allegretto Moderato by F. Seitz hasn't come on as nicely, but I am slowly getting there. I think my biggest hurdle with that pieces been that semi-quaver section where I've got that absurd bowing that I've got to learn, using ONLY my loose, supple writs and not my arm or elbow. But the Lord has been helping me a lot and I'm slowly getting the hang of things. I certainly don't think I could have persevered without His help in this. I'm learning so much too as the Lord shows me my own sinfulness and pride and His work in my life surely comes even in this area of life. My need of Him in everything.

Busy with housework and chores...
Not much to be said about this...It is a daily thing, isn't it?
Cleanup, chores, housework. My Gracie and my room has been a chaotic mess the last few days, with all kind of things. Clothes piled up on desks because there is no room in drawers because I had no place to put winter clothes etc... It certainly doesn't contribute a cheerful spirit to anyone's mind! Well, today I threw myself into doing a bit of tidying up and cleaning the clothes and things and it is looking a whole heap better if I do say so myself. Lord willing, in the holidays, I plan to redesign and tidy the bedroom so it would look really pretty and girly :). Otherwise, I've been enjoying it so much staying at home lately. Doing things, thinking. It has been a real blessing!

Busy with family ;)...
Haha, the other day I saw Gracie dress up her stuffed animals and I just had to take a photo shot of her 'friends'. Aren't they so cute? I have to say Gracie LOVES Meime :). Grace is such a sweet little sister and so often brings a smile to my face! Hmm...my family has been very busy too :). Everyone seems to be rushing around doing things etc... lol, but I am really grateful it isn't like in some families where everyone is dislocated from the other person's activities. Oh no! Our family gets really involved in everything which is such a blessing :) and it is really wonderful to be able to do things together, sing together, share with one another help and pray with one another.

Busy with writing...
That has not been entirely true... I mean I have written, but I have not been BUSY with writing unfortunately, due to so many other things that have kept me busy. BUT! Ideas and plot lines, inspirations you might call them, have crammed their way into my brain, screaming to be written, so I have scribbled them down on my notebooks and rough notes for a future date when I can set to really working on my story again, hopefully in the Christmas holidays which I am soooooooooo looking forward to. I wonder who else is? I really want to get a lot written in the holidays Lord willing, and did I tell you, my dear friends, that I'm planning to finish The Crown of Life sometime next year if possible? I know there is a chance that I won't be able to reach that goal. But I'm definitely going to try!  Just to update you a bit on my story, I had a few major plot changes and additions midway in the story. It will be kind of a merge of most of my main characters: Marcellus, Claudia, and Flavius. Marcellus will have to deal with lots of intrigue and danger along the way while he searches for the truth about Jesus, and Claudia too will face heartbreak and pain as she deals with many other issues. I can't wait to actually get started on that part!!!

And busy with end of year realization of what we have (and haven't) done this year.
Truly, hitherto has the Lord helped us!
Christmas and the New Year is fast approaching, and with it reflections of what this year has held for us, the things we did and often failed to do. God's grace in our lives, and His guidance and dealings in our lives; our spiritual growth and our setbacks... at the end of the year, it is important to remember that... "the Blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sin" and that through His grace we may set the past behind us and run the race ahead of us with patience and endurance and with renewed vigor by His Spirit that strengthens us. Let us not be weary in the work that the Lord has given us. Let us look to the Lord in gratefulness for all His blessings and goodness this year, ask Him to forgive us where we've failed and seek His mercy and grace that we may start afresh!

Lastly, here is a beautiful arrangement of the song, "Amazing Grace" by John Newton, sung by the Celtic Woman that I'd love you to hear. Remember to pause the "Mix-pod" music before playing this! Disclaimer: please be aware that I do not personally recommend "Celtic Woman" band or their albums, however this hymn arrangement sung by them blessed me very much and I felt I'd like to share it.

Many blessings, dear sisters! I will quickly mention that I won't post as much  until the holidays come, but I can't wait to blog more then Lord willing. Also if any of you would remember that History post I did about Lady Jane Grey? Well, Lord willing I plan to finish the history serial then as well! I pray you had a blessed weekend in the Lord and as we start this new week, let us walk in His love and light and rejoice in His goodness. May we be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height--to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that we may be filled with all the fullness of God. Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.  (Ephesians 3: 14-21, adapted from NKJV)
Lots of love in Christ!

Comments

  1. Dear sister Joy,

    I miss your more frequent posts, but understand completely! Busy is a much used word - I'll use it too :) - sounds like you have been busy!
    I was really interested in what you have written about Lady Jane Grey so far, and would love to hear more.

    Truly, may we know the love of Christ which passes knowledge. All praise and thanksgiving to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus. To Him be all glory and honour!

    Lots of love in Him,
    Maddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Maddy,

    It was truly lovely reading your sweet comment!! I miss being able to post more often too, but I'm glad you understand, and it is nice being missed as well :p. I'm so sorry that I haven't posted anymore about Jane, but I sure will in the holidays with the Lord's help!

    Life's certainly been busy, hasn't it! It definitely gets busier as we near the end of the year and Christmas I think.

    Amen, Maddy, may we know the love of the Lord and praise our Saviour forevermore...
    In His love,
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it seems to get busier towards the end of the year! With everything finishing up before the holidays, maybe. Harry and Guy are working hard at the moment to finish, and are really looking forward to a break :). You must be too - this year has certainly been a very busy one for you, and for your whole family! I'd love to read how you are going with the Crown of Life at some stage, too. Wow, even on the holidays you still have quite a few projects! It's good though to be busy, isn't it. I'd love to write more if the Lord wills, particularly over the coming break when things will be quieter for everyone.
    And it would be special at some stage to meet with my dear sisters and friends Joy, Sarah and Mary :).
    Well, I look forward to hearing from you again soon on here!
    Lots of love,
    Maddy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, thanks, Grace, you make me smile too! P.S. I'll be replying to your e-mail as soon as possible...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to be getting back late to your comment, Maddy, just another evidence of how I'm busy :). I can hardly wait for the holidays Lord willing where I can do more things, including chatting with my dear friend Maddy!

    Have Harry and Guy started the holidays yet? We've got one more week and we finish for the yr!

    Aww, I'd love to share with you snippets of how I'm going with the Crown of Life soon :)... YES, the holidays will still be a really, busy time with many things to do, especially helping with housecleaning and things like that, but I also am looking forward to being able to spend more time at my quiet times with the Lord. In all of this busyness, oh how we need to cling on Jesus all the more!

    What will you be doing during this Christmas season, Maddy? I'd love to hear more about your writing at some stage! Also, how is your violin going?

    I really miss you too, Maddy! I hope to hear from you soon :). Many blessings in Christ, dear sister.
    ~Joy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

"Gracious words are like a honeycomb; sweetness to the soul and health to the body..." ~Proverbs 16:24