A Little Fun Tagging

I just got tagged by Elizabeth from The Endless Road this morning (thanks so much, Elizabeth!), and so thought I might as well have a little fun with the tag =D, though I had planned on posting something quite different today. Elizabeth had some really fun questions that I enjoyed answering...many of which, I'd have liked to include in my question list. The the questions I put forth, you'll find them to be rather literary/bookish in their nature and maybe a bit challenging. But I hope you all enjoy and those tagged will join in the fun!


Here are the rules.
1. Post these rules

2. Post 11 random things about yourself (optional)

3. Answer the questions the tagger posted for you in their post.

4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.

5. Go to their blog and tell them that they have been tagged.



11 random things about me. 
1. Listening to epic movie soundtracks is so helpful to me in not getting distracted while doing Mathematics =D
2. I'm going through the painful process of learning to love the metronome while playing Allegretto Moderato  on the violin ... *huge, gigantic sigh*
3. I am better at writing action-packed, dramatic scenes more than static scenes where nothing actually happens :). 
4. I'm quite a terrible procrastinator a lot of the time.
5. I was the youngest child in my family for the first 8 years of my life, and now my little sister, Grace, is turning 8 very soon!
6. I believe it took 2 weeks after I was born for my parents to decide to call me "Joy". Until they did, everyone simply called me "the baby". :)
7. I love reading biographies of Christians in the Suffering Church because they encourage my faith so much!
8. The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien are now on my favourite "Movie and book" list.
9.  History, English and Literature are my favourite subjects at school
10. My family and I lived only a few minutes away from where The Voyage of the Dawn Treader film was being made in 2009! We saw the ship anchored at our bay, and our newspapers had all the news about it... (sadly,  we weren't into Narnia at the time very much nor had we seen the earlier films so we didn't make much of it at the time), but it definitely was fascinating to see the big ship on our bay... and every time I see the Dawn Treader sailing on the water in the movie screen now, I think, "wow, that's beautiful... and it is our bay!"
11. Two books of the Bible that I read so much of are the Psalms and the Gospel of John. They are just so special to me!


Now for the questions from Elizabeth.
1. Which to genre do you prefer historical fiction, a regular novel, or fantasy? Historical fiction definitely would by my preferred genre for both writing and reading, but I've also recently got into loving the fantasy genre (The Chronicles of Narnia, Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit etc...) and would love reading/writing more of that in the future. 

2. How do you feel about all these new E-readers? (nooks, kindles) My dad and sister, Sarah, use ipads and stuff like that all the time. Dad used to say that nothing compared with a 'real' book, but now he's reading mostly from his ipad simply because he can carry ALL his favourite books around with him without it being bulky or anything.  And Sarah does most of her uni studies (articles to read and all that) on the ipad. Personally, I still love 'real paper' books so, so, so much better!! But I do understand the good qualities in e-readers. I just hope this new industry won't wipe out good-old fashioned books one day!

3. Do you play and instrument? If so what instrument? Yes, I play the violin and I love it so much! I've been playing the violin since I was 11 years old (which means I've been playing for 5 years in full). I used to play the piano when I was younger but it just wasn't my type of instrument to play.... I'm currently working on 3rd grade violin and it's great, abet it be quite challenging sometimes. But I definitely enjoy it!
4. Is there an instrument that you don't play, but wish you could? The cello and viola and guitar would be instruments that I wish I could play... and maybe I will one day :). I love the sound of the piano, harp, flute, trumpet and double bass but I wouldn't personally try learning them. Just because.

5. What are some of your favorite musicians? Itzahk Perlman, Yo Yo Ma are some of my favourite modern day musicians. 

6. Do you prefer white chocolate of milk/dark chocolate? I'm not one for eating a lot of chocolate ( I love carob so much better, and in fact it is healthier). I've never tried white chocolate. I tend to like milk chocolate more, but dark chocolate is nice if I'm in the mood for it.

7. What is your favorite month? Probably December :). April is a lovely month as well.

8. If you had the chance to go to 5 countries what countries would they be? England (and all the British Isles like Scotland, Ireland and Wales) Italy, Switzerland/Germany, America, Egypt... uhm, I'm sorry it seems I've mentioned more than 5 countries... I've got so many places I'd love to visit one day! :p. (Other places, besides the 5 would be Israel, New Zealand, Holland...)

9. Are yo a country or a city person? Or a little of both? I am a country person in that I love wide, open spaces, farm-life, mountains and valleys, fresh air etc... however, my family and I are city people in much of our lifestyle (like living in a suburb, living not too far from the shops, having a small backyard etc...). So it is a little of both, I guess.

10. Who is your favorite character from Narnia? Besides Aslan (who is my top favourite character in Narnia!), it would definitely be Lucy Pevensie <3. 

11. What is your favorite kind of cookie? short-bread biscuits and then oat biscuits are some of my favourite =D (sorry, here in Australia we call them biscuits not cookies!)




My questions:
1. Who are your top favourite classic fiction authors and your top 3 favourite modern fiction authors? (by the word 'classic', I'm referring to authors of the past up to the mid 20th Century, and by 'modern', I'm referring to authors who wrote and lived from the 1960s and up)
2. Which character in John Bunyan's immortal classic, The Pilgrim's Progress, do you identify with the most in their/your spiritual journey? (Christian, Faithful, or Hopeful)
3.  In J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings, we see that Sam's and Frodo's responses to Gollum-Smeagol are different.  If you were in either character's position when they had a chance of killing him, would you have done so and rid yourself of his wickedness and treachery, or would you pity him, having carried the burden of the Ring yourself, known its temptation, and shown mercy? (P.S. if you haven't watched/read The Lord of the Rings, you can skip this question)
4. Which do you enjoy more: reading a book or watching a movie?
5. What is your favourite kind of music to sing, hear and play and who do you think was the greatest music composer of all time?
6. Which 2 books of the Bible do you tend to read from the most?
7. Is there a figure in history (outside the Bible) that you love the most? And why?
8. Is there a book or movie that you've read/watched and you've wished something had gone differently and would like to re-write it?
9. What are your 2 favourite scenes in The Chronicles of Narnia (taken from either the films, books or both)?(P.S. if you haven't watched/read The Chronicles of Narnia, you can skip this question)
10. What are some of the books (fiction + non-fiction) or movies that have inspired and changed your life?
11. What do you love most about the place where you live?

And I tag...
Elizabeth Rose from Living on Literary Lane
Jenny from The Penslayer
Mikaliah from Maid for Him
April from My Life in Him
Dakota from Hulule Tylluan
Lady Bibliophile My Lady Bibliophile
Grace from Graceful Maiden
Melanie from Forever His Servant
Bree Holloway from He Designs My Life

Oh, and if ANYONE else would like to participate in this Fun Tagging, I'm tagging you too... so please feel free to join! :)

All images in this post are via Pinterest

Comments

  1. Thanks for tagging me, Joy. :)

    I can't wait to answer your questions! Another blogger tagged me with this one a few weeks ago, so I suppose my response will be a bit longer than usual. I'm going to do 11 things about myself, then her 11 questions, and your 11 questions!

    Oh, and when you visit England/Britain, take me with you! :)

    ~Keaghan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very interesting post, Joy, thank you. :)

    I am with you on disliking ebook readers, except for the fact that though I do see how useful they can be I still don't like them. :)

    That was interesting about the instruments. I would love to play the guitar and mandolin and in a far away dream the harp. :)

    Many prayers for you and your family!

    April

    P.S. I love chocolate of all sorts and dark's my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for doing my tag! I really enjoyed reading you answers to my questions! I completely forgot that not every calls them cookies! :) I like your questions! They are much deeper than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Keaghan,

    I am happy you joined in, it certainly was fun reading your responses and questions!

    Oh, seriously, wouldn't that be so amazing and wonderful if we could visit England/Britain together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear April,

    Thank you for your sweet comment and for stopping by! How are you going?

    Yes, ebook readers are really so 'modern', but I don't think I'm awfully bothered with them... as long as my main library of reading are real books, I'm content :).

    About instruments, I actually have a friend of mine who plays the harp and she once let me try playing on it (it was a lot of fun!) It is a very beautiful instrument, though probably quite challenging to play!

    In His love, and thank you for your prayers!

    ~Joy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elizabeth, thank you for tagging me! Haha, yes, it can be confusing about the biscuits/cookies, can't it. I sometimes say them cookies at random =D.

    Your questions were quite challenging and fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tag, Joy! Check out my post on Friday to find out my deep, dark secrets...
    :)

    Blessings,
    Schuyler

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Joy, for tagging me. Your tagging here was really interesting.
    Here are my answers to your questions:
    http://gemsinhistory-sarah.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/tagging-fun.html

    God bless,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for joining the tag, Schuyler! I really enjoyed reading your answers on your blog =D.

    I loved reading your answers to my tag, Sarah, and I am so happy you joined!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're welcome, Hannah! I enjoyed reading your answers =D.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

"Gracious words are like a honeycomb; sweetness to the soul and health to the body..." ~Proverbs 16:24