Cup-A-Tea Poetry Corner

Image via Pinerest
Thee Will I Love


Thee will I love, my Strength, my Tower;
Thee will I love, my Hope, my Joy;
Thee will I love with all my power,
With ardor time will ne’er destroy.
Thee will I love, O Light Divine,
So long as life is mine.


Thee will I love, my Life, my Savior,
Who art my best and truest Friend;
Thee will I love and praise forever,
For never shall Thy kindness end;
Thee will I love with all my heart,
Thou my Redeemer art.


I thank Thee, Jesus, Sun from Heaven,
Whose radiance hath brought light to me;
I thank Thee, who hast richly given
All that could make me glad and free;
I thank Thee that my soul is healed
By what Thy lips revealed.


Oh, keep me watchful, then, and humble
And suffer me no more to stray;
Uphold me when my feet would stumble,
Nor let me loiter by the way.
Fill all my nature with Thy light,
O Radiance strong and bright!


Oh, teach me, Lord, to love Thee truly
With soul and body, head and heart,
And grant me grace that I may duly
Practice fore’er love’s sacred art.
Grant that my every thought may be
Directed e’er to Thee.


Thee will I love, my Crown of gladness;
Thee will I love, my God and Lord,
Amid the darkest depths of sadness,
Nor for the hope of high reward—
For Thine own sake, O Light Divine,
So long as life is mine.

~Johann Scheffler

Today was the first time I came across this hymn which really inspired me, and though I had intended to post a usual poem, I found I had to post this hymn instead. I hope you have been blessed by it, dear sisters, and may we indeed seek to love the Lord Jesus more and more, and may we keep looking unto Him, leaning on His eternal love and grace. "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30 NKJV)

P.S. I just want to apologize for the lack of quality posts of late... I just haven't had much time, with school work and family activities to write thought-provoking posts lately, though there are many on my heart to share. Lord willing, things will calm down soon and I'll get to it =D.

Comments