The Miscellaneous of Life // School Break Randomness

As much as I really don't like writing random, general posts like these, sometimes I find I just don't have all the time to post great, thought-provoking, in-depth posts too frequently (much as I'd like too!). I am currently writing a couple that are more serious and hopefully more interesting to be posted within the coming day(s), but I thought until I do, I might update you on the random events of life of late :).


{writing}
I am writing some blog posts for today :), a couple of e-mails and I hope to have a wee bit of time for The Crown of Life this evening.... hopefully :).
(P.S. if you hadn't guessed this already, I am on school holidays right now... that's why I've been blogging regularly!)

{reading}
Beside my Bible, I have been reading:
God Knows My Size! (Silvia Tarniceriu) by Harvey Yodor -a great biography!
The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien 
The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien
With Christ in the School of Prayer by Andrew Murray
Christ is All! by Ruth Bryan
And lastly, some blog posts from some dear sisters in Christ around the blogsphere. Have a look at this post which I found so encouraging and convicting this morning when I read it written by Melanie!
Quite a handful of stuff to read... huh?

{listening}
Mary (my older sister) training Gracie (my little sister) on the piano to play a song called "German Dance"... she is playing it beautifully too... and it is quite a challenging little melody, but she loves it!
I've just listened to a knew song: "Jesus, draw me ever nearer" for the first time. You can hear it here: Beloved Star
Lastly, I'd like to hear in the very near future tense some soundtracks from my mixpod on my blog, while I change the bed-sheets on Grace and my beds :).

{watching}
Want me to give a week long account of what I've watched?
Well, yesterday I watched an episode from "Yes, Minister, Yes, Prime Minister" series, and this one was quite humorous, called "One of us"... Sir. Humphrey was thought that he might be a Soviet spy, and the Prime Minister was aghast :). 
Last Friday I watched with my sisters "Miracle Worker", a movie about Hellen Keller and Anne Sulliven (her teacher). It was such a touching movie, I hope to make a review on the film one day :).
Lastly, I am hoping tomorrow Lord willing, we can watch "The Two Towers" for movie night... but it being the extended edition and a 4 hour long movie, I am not sure everybody will feel like staying up till late at night to watch it!


{the weather is...}
is quite cold (17-20 Centigrade) with an overcast sky, and it just switched suddenly, considering that last Monday was as hot as a midsummer's day, with blue, blue sky and bright sunshine! So yes, it is a quick transition and we are rushing to find our warmer clothes, jackets etc... :)

{looking}
I want to keep looking to the Lord Jesus. 
And looking ahead to what He has in store for my life.

{learning}
I am learning to abide in His love, rest in His bosom and trust, even when Satan throws fiery darts of lies and doubts. To abide in His Presence, where there is fullness of joy and pleasures forevermore (Psalm 16:11), and not dwell in the earthly mire of the things that glamour in the world, but flee from it into His wide open arms. The Lord Jesus has been showing me these last few days how I've waned in my first bridal love for my Bridegroom. I really long to have that closeness of communion with Him again, to weep at His feet in repentance and give my all to Him again. He's been calling me to Himself more and more... I just long to follow and not hesitate... I want to run into His arms and cling to Him, and tell Him I love Him! I long to trust, and know that He is with me in the darkness of the night, that He is holding my hand and telling me to look to Him, even when everything tells me otherwise...  I want to seek the One I love, and not let Him go!
By night on my bed I sought the one I love; I sought him, but I did not find him. "I will rise now," I said, "And go about the city; in the streets and in the squares I will seek the one I love." I sought him, but I did not find him. The watchman who go about the city found me; I said, "Have you seen the one I love?" Scarcely had I passed by them, when I found the one I love. I held him and would not let him go..." (Song of Solomon 3: 1-4 NKJV)

{feeling}
Physical feeling: I have been sleeping rather late throughout the school holidays, and it is making me feel awfully  tired throughout the day... I look forward to getting into the normal rythme of sleeping around 9:00-9:30 again :). Besides that, I have not done any writing whatsoever in The Crown of Life during these holidays so it is getting frustrating! Lastly, I am feeling quite relaxed and really enjoying the last few days of the holidays (as long as I don't think too keenly on the stack of e-mails I positively MUST answer either today/tomorrow or Saturday, Lord willing, and the absolute mess my Gracie and my bedroom is in. Ugh!)
Emotional feeling: feeling torn between feeling anxiety and worry for the future and circumstances around me, and simply resting in my Heavenly Father.... feeling at times as though nothing is moving. stuck and weary. But at the same time rejoicing and peaceful in what the Lord has been doing and is continuing to do, especially in my life. 

{anticipating}
Life is full of anticipation... disappointments... 
Here are some things I am randomly looking forward to in the near future:
1. starting a new grade in violin (but I am not anticipating my coming exam!!!!)
2. finish a certain course in Maths
3. get my own copy of The Lord of the Rings books and The Hobbit books from the local bookstore...
4. I am really anticipating the coming out of The Hobbit film :).
5. finishing The Crown of Life (I am doubtful on how "near in the future this is)
6. the coming days... just because every day is an adventure, filled with blessings, trials, changes, triumphs and joys!

{wishing}
Here is one random wish:
I wish I could stop procrastinating!

{loving}
I love life in the Lord Jesus, every moment is precious, amazing and wonderful. I am loving my dear parents and sisters so much, it is so special to spend time extra special time (when I am not studying) with family. I am loving the fact that the Lord is in control of my life. He has filled my life with good things, but the greatest good thing, is giving me Himself! 

Comments

  1. Dear Joy,

    I would love to be listening to Gracie learning piano, too! It sounds like she is learning so well and fast. And if she enjoys it... well, that is best of all, isn't it!

    I'm also reading With Christ in the School of Prayer, and isn't it an encouragement and challenge and blessing to read.

    It sounds like you are having a lovely holiday break :). I pray it continues to be a refreshing and blessed time, and that each day is one of looking to the Lord and trusting all into His hands.

    Love,
    Maddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Maddy,

    Yes, Gracie is definitely enjoying learning the play the piano :), not like me who didn't enjoy learning the piano so much when I was younger =D.

    To be honest, I haven't read a lot in the book, With Christ in the School of Prayer, but the two chapters I've read so far were really convicting and an encouragement for me. I need to give myself more time to reading it :).

    Thank you, Maddy, I am having a lovely break! I pray the same for you too.

    In His love,
    ~Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've been very busy, Joy! :) School holidays were always a pleasant thing over here in USA too! :)

    I and my sister have watched "The Miracle Worker" since we were 5 or 6! What a surprise you have it over in Australia too! :) Isn't that the most compelling story? It's got a special connection to our family too being set in the old south. :)

    Praying for you, and the Lord bless!

    April

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, April, I have been busy :), but it is very pleasant as well like you said. Alas, school break is over and I get back to studying tomorrow, but I also enjoy that.

    I didn't know you watched "The Miracle Worker"! Yes, it is an amazing story, very touching too, isn't it. I definitely noticed the setting being in the "old south" :), and James' accent is quite distinct (I personally liked Annie's accent the best!)

    Thanks for your prayers, April! I pray the Lord's blessings to you too <3.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

"Gracious words are like a honeycomb; sweetness to the soul and health to the body..." ~Proverbs 16:24